Nov 15, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
It feels like many Sixers teams ago since Lou Williams was our first man off the bench–even if he had resigned with the Sixers in the summer of 2012, he probably would have been traded by now anyway. But in a way, it feels like he’s still buried on the bench somewhere, because he’s played so few games so far with his new team, having gone down with a torn ACL midway through last season, and only playing against Philly in one of the four Hawks-Sixers games last year.
Well, at long last, the Sweetness has returned. Lou Will is active tonight for the first time since he got injured back in Brooklyn ten months ago, and wouldn’t you know it? The Sixers just happen to be in town, their first of three matchups with the Hawks this season. Lou will join the 4-4 Hawks in a role much like that he had in Philly, and hopefully get to enjoy playing for his hometown for the rest of the season and possibly into the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the Sixers are coming off yet another emotional high after their unlikely 123-117 OT win against the Rockets on Wednesday, done on the backs of a career-high 36 points by James Anderson and a career-high everything from Tony Wroten in his first-ever start, filling in for an injured Michael Carter-Williams. Wroten will get the chance to follow his performance tonight in Atlanta, as MCW is again out with a sore foot arch. Still listed as day-to-day, so you hope this is more precautionary than anything, though you never like hearing about foot problems with your young guys.
7:30 tip from the Highlight Factory in Atlanta. You can vote for your favorite Sixers as All-Stars now, though no MCW or Tony Wroten on the ballot. Hopefully the #WriteInWroten movement gets some more ammo tonight.
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Drew P on Flyers send down leading goal-…|
|KingOfNothing on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return