Jan 29, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Ah, it seems like only yesterday that the myriad gun-and-sweatpants-related Plaxico Burress jokes were making the rounds on David Letterman and Jay Leno. But it's been a full two years now since Plax shot himself (and his career) in the leg, and now it's just about time for #17 to start thinking about life beyoned the clink. With a potential full release in June of 2011, and Michael Vick currently paving the way for ex-cons to quickly return to Pro Bowl levels of play, Burress is already contemplating his direction upon receiving his freedom.
"I'm very confident that Plaxico will be playing next season in the NFL," said every Eagles fan's favorite superagent Drew Rosenhaus of Burress's prospects upon parole. Two teams have been rumored to be interested in the troubled wide receiver: The Giants and the Jets.
Personally, I hope the battle for Plax's soul is long and arduous between the two teams. With both actually finally appearing to be varying degrees of "good" at the same time, it seems only right that they should square off in such direct and indirect battles, and since who knows when the next time they're actually going to play in the regular season, pre-season games and contests of one-upsmanship such as this are going to have to do. I'm not sure which end result would be funnier, though–the Jets supplanting the Cowboys as the official NFL halfway house would be tempting, but seeing the Eli-Plax combo back in full effect (and the awful punny headlines that would ensue) is hard to turn down.
Anyway, I can't wait for this to be a recurring and inevitably-overhyped story going into the 2011 season. Brett Favre will probably be officially retired or dead or something by then, so what else are we gonna talk about?
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return