Jul 28, 2006, 8:37 AM EDT
The Eagles first round draft pick, Brodrick Bunkley, has been holding out of camp due to an inability to come to contract terms with the Eagles. While trying to show he is worth the money, Bunkley seems to have gone and gotten himself in a bit of trouble.
According to a report late Thursday night on Profootballtalk.com, which
cites "strong rumors," Eagles first-round draft pick Brodrick Bunkley
was arrested in the past week for having a loaded handgun on the
dashboard of his car.
That can’t be good for your signing bonus.
UPDATE: It looks like it wasn’t Bunkley but rather one of the Eagles’ Pro Bowl caliber receivers:
Acting Camden County Prosecutor
James P. Lynch and Delaware River Port Authority Public Safety Director
Vincent J. Borrelli reported today that Derrick Jabar Gaffney, a member
of the Philadelphia Eagles pro football team, has been charged with
Unlawful Possession of a Weapon stemming from a car stop last month
during which a police officer observed a handgun in the glove compartment.
The gun was legally registered
in Texas, Gaffney’s former home state, to a family member who was
with him in the car. Gaffney, known as Jabar Gaffney, had a permit to
legally carry the weapon in Texas, but not in New Jersey.
Well that just isn’t as exciting as a guy who hasn’t even signed a contract.
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
|FlyersFan on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|rw on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money