Jul 11, 2006, 2:08 AM EDT
Trade Ramon Henderson to the Mets.
It seems like Philadelphia is good at winning things other than championships: Abreu wins the HR Derby last year, Iggy should have won the Slam Dunk contest this year, Iverson won the All Star game MVP a few years ago, and Ryan Howard comes up big to beat the Mets David Wright to be crowned this years HR Champ.
I suppose winning the HR Derby is more exciting than coming home empty handed. Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the event was Ryan Howard showing he cares a little about the fans of Philadelphia by saying, "That’ll give the fans in Philly something to cheer about."
-Howard wins wet and wild HR Derby, Jayson Stark [ESPN]
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money