Apr 17, 2005, 11:23 PM EDT
Phillies take two of three from the Braves in two phenomenal endings. Chase Utley was the hero on Saturday and Brett Myers threw a 4 hit gem Sunday night with the Fightin’s coming back in the bottom of the 10th to win another thriller.
Why do I love Jimmy Rollins? There isn’t one single reason, but he had a phenomenal bunt single in the bottom of the 10th. He is to the Phillies what Andre Iguadola is to the Sixers. You just love watching the guy play. I also think it is easy to love a guy who plays phenomenal defense and has tremendous speed. Everyone loves speed; it gives a player that hustle appeal.
Fans booed the absence of Chase Utley early in Sunday’s game, but when Placido Polanco drove in the game winner to end it CBP erupted in cheers.
Sixers weekend wrap after the Jump.
After the Sixers won a convincing game in Indy on Friday night, they moved on to New Jersey Sunday night and must have lost their game somewhere near exit 114.
The Sixers looked horrible Sunday night, especially Chris Webber. I haven’t gone as far as some of the Philly faithful as to boo the guy, but he definitely looks old and rusty as a Sixer.
Jason Kidd had a triple double and the Nets seemed to take command of the 8th seed. It is likely the Sixers will be the 7th seed going up against the Pistons of Detroit.
|Andrew Kulp on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return