Feb 11, 2006, 12:12 AM EDT
This all started because A.I. skipped the team bowling event for the elite season ticket holders last week. This could have been the incident that broke the camel’s back.
Let’s take a quick look at Stephen A. Smith’s column yesterday on Iverson titled Only one thing can restore Iverson’s tarnished image — winning a championship. Smith writes:
A championship is the only thing that will resurrect Iverson’s
once-stellar image now. After all that’s been said and done, no other
culmination will suffice. A career devoid of titles for Iverson amounts
to nothing more than a slot next to the Charles Barkleys and Karl
Malones of the world.
Without the appreciation and fanfare.
Wait. What? Iverson’s once-stellar image? Was that when the governor of Virginia pardoned Iverson and let him out of jail when he was in high school? When did A.I. ever have a stellar image? And Iverson will only be put in the same category as Barkley and Malone? Two of the greatest NBA players of all time? A.I. won’t be appreciated? If he doesn’t win a championship, being placed next to Barkley and Malone is exactly where A.I. will belong.
Does anyone know what Stephen A. is talking about in that piece? Care to translate for me?
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return