Dec 30, 2006, 4:45 PM EDT
Gone are the days when a Sixers game was worth watching simply to see what number three was going to do next. That doesn’t mean the Sixers aren’t worth watching in my opinion. Sure there will likely be stretches of horrible play but this team should bring some excitement to the floor.
The key to that excitement, of course, is Andre Iguodala. The Sixers have until Wednesday to work out an extension with their star or otherwise have to wait until next summer. At that point, they would have the right to match any offer he receives from other teams. No rumblings about a deal almost being done have hit the Internetways. Andre will be playing his tail off this year to prove he’s worth the big bucks. That could be fun to watch.
Contract or not, ‘Dre seems to be up to the challenge of being the go to guy and facing the heat every night, "I’ve got to prove to the league that I’m a high-caliber player, and I plan on doing that." Glad to see the new A.I. brings the right attitude to the court.
D.A. over at the Inquirer points out that the best chances the Sixers have of winning doesn’t necessarily rest in the hands of Iguodala, but rather the tall, skinny Haitian in the middle. As Sammy D goes, so go the Sixers.
Also of note, the Sixers exercised their extension on Rodney Carney. So far in his short career, he hasn’t lived up to his draft position.
|Momby on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|Jay D on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|willh888 on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|galasso2586 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return