Jan 16, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
Remember back when the existing Comcast tower was going up back in 2007 or so and we all made a big deal about the little William Penn statue that some construction workers placed at the very top of it in an attempt to break the nonexistent “Curse of Billy Penn”? The “curse” that supposedly inflicted decades of sports misery on Philadelphia because builders decided to erect skyscrapers that were taller than the William Penn statue on top of City Hall, breaking that age-old gentleman’s agreement.
Clearly this was the first thing you all thought of when the new skyscraper was announced yesterday.
Well with the news that the greatest company that I own stock in that is also based in the city of Philadelphia is set to build a second taller skyscraper — complete with a giant TV to watch Eagles games on maybe?!? – that will break ground this summer, we all wanted to know the deal with the little Billy statue.
Turns out, the curse won’t be reversed. Or something.
According to NBC10 and a Comcast a spokesperson, the little guy will be moving up to the top of the new super tall Comcast Innovation and Technology Center. Vai’s got you covered below.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return