Aug 3, 2005, 9:48 AM EDT
I was surprised when my Dad pointed me to an article in the Inquirer which focuses on BC’s move to the ACC from a football perspective. It should be an interesting year for all college football fans, especially BC/ACC people. As noted in other articles around the internets, BC’s move to the ACC has helped recruiting a bit:
Even though BC’s schedule is expected to be more demanding, Jerry Petercuskie, the Eagles’ assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator, said the move to the ACC offers the school a stronger pool of talent.
"It’s opened up some of the mid-Atlantic states to us," said Petercuskie, an assistant at Virginia in 1995 and ’96. "We’ve had a great influx of inquiries from the mid-Atlantic states. It’s been nothing but a positive thing for us. Even in Texas, it’s been positive. We recruit the Dallas-Forth Worth area, and it’s picked up."
Petercuskie said BC has already attracted recruits he believes would have gone elsewhere if not for the switch to the ACC, while maintaining a strong presence in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Several of BC’s key players, including potential all-American Brian Toal, a sophomore linebacker from Don Bosco Prep, are from North Jersey.
Nice little piece. Ray Parillo looks at BC as FSU’s prime competition for the Atlantic division. Mark September 17th on your calender when FSU plays in Chestnut Hill on ABC or ESPN. I’ll be there.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money