Apr 7, 2006, 12:17 PM EDT
With the Sixers currently on the outside looking in on the playoffs by a half a game, I’m wondering whether it is okay as a sports fan to cheer for your team to lose? I think this is alright in certain circumstances: when your team has absolutely no shot at winning a championship were they to make the playoffs. I think it is safe to say the chances of the Sixers beating the Pistons or even Heat in the playoffs would be slim to none. If they keep losing, their chances of getting a better draft pick which could help them down the road in the future increases. I think you should all cheer for the Celtics tonight and the Bulls tomorrow. What do you think?
Also, I think it may be acceptable to cheer for your team to lose if it can position them better in the playoffs in some strange way. For example. If the Sixers would rather play the 1 seed than the 2 seed for some strange match up reason, you could hope for them to lose to fall a slot down in the seedings.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return