Apr 29, 2005, 11:54 AM EDT
If you haven’t checked out the Berks Phillies Fans website, you are missing out. It’s pretty hard to find good, honest writing on the Phillies these days. Phillies.com is pretty much a joke and provides very little of value in my opinion. I’ve found the most entertaining and insightful stuff on the Phillies to be in the world of blogs.
Who wouldn’t love to see Ryan Howard on the roster? Mr. Weitzel makes some good points in his post from yesterday below.
Finding a spark … in Scranton
I’m surprised and happy most fans have held off clamoring for Ryan Howard this season, but I’ll admit I got my first big itch yesterday, and I’m not sure it’s going away.
With men on first and second, Charlie Manuel brought in pinch hitter Jose Offerman to hit for Myers in the eighth. Just a single would put the Phils on top, and a home run would put the Nationals away for good.
So far this season, Offerman is hitting .176 and has no RBIs. He struck out looking to end the inning.
It’s time to at least consider the idea of bringing up Howard. The team’s biggest problem is their lack of power, bad news for a team built around the home run. They’re near the bottom of the league in home runs and isolated power. Howard can deliever all of the above. Plus, he’s good PR and gives fans a new reason to tune in.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money