Jan 31, 2005, 2:18 PM EDT
This is a pretty great read from ESPN Page2 pointing out the pain of the Philly fan. Definately worth checking out.
Welcome to Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, where the fans know pain New England fans never imagined.
And then, of course, there are the Eagles. Native son W.C. Fields once remarked that "I once spent a year in Philadelphia. I think it was on a Sunday." Which just about sums up the eternal misery of rooting for the Eagles, who lost the only previous Super Bowl in which they played, 24 long years ago, back when Janet Jackson barely even had a wardobe. Sure, Boston fans endured that agonizing Red Sox loss to the Yankees in the 2003 playoffs but the Eagles lost the NFC championship game three consecutive seasons.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return