May 11, 2006, 2:09 PM EDT
Not exactly news, but A.I. was in D.C. giving 5 hours of deposition about a bar fight he was allegedly involved in. NBC10 has perhaps one of the worst photo galleries I have ever seen on the Internet. For those unfamiliar with Iverson’s predicament:
"These men were basically beaten by Mr. Iverson’s security detail," attorney Gregory Lattimer said. "The lawsuit that we filed alleges just that. In fact, (one of the alleged victims) suffered a ruptured eardrum and head injuries that were unbelievable."
The men are going after A.I.’s deep pockets. And since that story wasn’t very entertaining, I went out and found one that at least uses a moderately entertaining analogy. You Daily Californian readers have surely already read this piece on non performance enhancing drugs being good.
Now, I am not opposed to athletes taking drugs, as a general rule. Vida Blue is rumored to have pitched a shutout on LSD, and I consider that to be a monumental achievement. If you can shut down nine innings of major league hitters, even when they look like melting giant squirrels, that’s badass. Allen Iverson smokes more weed than Cypress Hill on a trip to Jamaica, but he’s still unstoppable. These drugs present a handicap-another obstacle for these athletes to overcome and, by so doing, prove their legendary skills. Steroids are just for cheaters.
You can’t stop him, you can only hope he is too high.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return