Feb 14, 2006, 9:50 AM EDT
The deal David Aldridge writes of this morning nets the Sixers nothing at the end of this season. So basically we’d be giving Iverson away so we can free cap space. I don’t like it. I’d like some young players (Delonte West types) and at least a draft pick on top of the expiring contract types.
A source said yesterday that the Nuggets might be trying to involve
a third team, the Portland Trail Blazers, in the deal. The proposed
trade would send forward Nene to the Trail Blazers, who then would ship
center Jamaal Magloire to the Sixers.
The Nuggets would send another player, possibly former Sixer Joe
Smith, to the Sixers, and the Sixers would direct Iverson to Denver.
Magloire and Smith would give Sixers general manager Billy King what
he wants: contracts in their last season. The 6-foot-11 Magloire, in
his seventh NBA season, is making $8.3 million. Smith, a former No. 1
overall pick, is making $6.8 million.
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|That Guy 895 on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return