Feb 23, 2006, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s pretty surreal seeing Iverson wearing anything but a Sixers jersey. We all knew it was coming, but actually seeing it is still a little shocking.
I didn’t see the game, but A.I. dropped 22 and 10 in a losing effort.
>>Sports Illustrated has a pretty interesting play-by-play of Allen’s Denver debut.
Iverson brings the crowd to his feet after penetrating the zone with a
nifty misdirection and crossover dribble (nifty, I say!); driving left
and finishing right off the glass for his fifth and sixth points. He
follows it up with a gorgeous lob pass on the next possession to
DerMarr Johnson for a dunk. Reminds of when Larry Brown used to call
plays for A.I. to hit Larry Hughes or Jumaine Jones with the same pass. I wonder if Karl and Brown ever get together. You know: talk shop, pick each other’s brains.
The black felt representative of perhaps the toughest NBA city. It’s
been replaced by the fashionable and trendy sky blue, representative of
a city without a consequential NBA past. It’s sunk in now. This is
>>Philly’s lone remaining A.I. put up a career high 31 and led the Sixers to their first victory of December. Their losing streak ended at 12. [ESPN]
|will on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|FlyersFan on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
|FlyersFan on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Shane Gostisbehere on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money