Feb 10, 2006, 1:17 PM EST
"We made some inquiries if it was real," coach-general manager Bernie
Bickerstaff told the Observer on Saturday. "Michael (Jordan) and I plan
to sit down and chat" about whether to make an offer.
What could the Sixers possibly get in return?
The 76ers would probably ask for Charlotte’s best player, Emeka Okafor,
the team’s No. 1 pick in the 2007 draft, and one of the Bobcats two
point guards (Raymond Felton or Brevin Knight). If Bobcats GM Bernie
Bickerstaff and part-owner Michael Jordan had any clue, they’d counter
with super-sub Sean May, attempt to throw in wing Gerald Wallace, and
tell the 76ers they can have Brevin Knight and the team’s 2008 #1 pick.
(The 76ers, who are in a terrible spot with no bargaining power, would
probably chuckle at May the tweener, Knight and his chronicle injuries,
and Wallace’s poor start to the season.)
A Sixers fan can dream can’t they? Okafor and a No. 1 pick would be enough to get me excited. Phil Sheridan makes a very interesting point that the Sixers, despite their complete ineptitude, could put themselves in position for the biggest prize since LeBron James.
If the Sixers survive the crash brought on by trading Allen Iverson,
this may all make sense. If Billy King and Maurice Cheeks (or their
replacements) are standing next to Greg Oden on draft night in June,
with some salary-cap flexibility to build around their new franchise
player, then this might actually work out for the best.
In the wacky sports world we live in, we may want to see the Sixers lose every single game this season.
Yahoo says Boston and Dallas are early front runners for A.I.
|mike on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Kunk on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|willh888 on Fan stretches (on concrete) ri…|
|TruthBeTold on Video: Flyers and Capitals eng…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return