Sep 24, 2008, 3:21 PM EDT
Yankees pitcher Mike Mussina went through some rough spots early in the season and it sparked Yankees’ boss Hank Steinbrenner to quip that Mussina “just needs to learn how to pitch like Jamie Moyer.”
That quote was printed at some point in April and since then Mussina has won 18 games. But here’s the fun part:
Mussina said after the article appeared, he received a glove and autographed ball from Moyer in the mail.
“That said, thanks for doing it my way,” Mussina said.
Everybody should do everything Jamie Moyer’s way. That guy is the man.
>>Mussina, Doing it Jamie Moyer’s Way [NYTimes]
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money