Jan 21, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce could be mildly described as a Pro Bowl snub this year. That’s a position where a lot of the voting is based on reputation, so even though he graded as the best overall center according to metrics site Pro Football Focus, it’s tough for a third-year player to earn an invitation.
So no Pro Bowl and no Super Bowl for Kelce. How ‘bout the Wing Bowl?
No doubt about it. Kelce announced on the 94WIP Morning Show on Tuesday that he will compete at Wing Bowl 22 on January 31st at the Wells Fargo Center, with co-host Al Morganti describing the 26-year-old as a “full participant.” Here’s the full story from Kelce via the radio station’s web site:
“Absolutely, no question. I would love to eat in the event, no doubt. I didn’t think that was an option,” Kelce said. “The only thing that can be bad about it is, I probably won’t come close to those guys. I’d trim the beard down a little bit, but it’s still probably going to get a little messy. I am saying yes. I will definitely, without question, eat in Wing Bowl.”
Hm. While I rather enjoy the idea of Kelce eating wings against some of the best gurgitators in the world, I can’t say I approve of this beard-trimming he speaks of—though I understand completely. I’m just not sure that’s what’s best for the Eagles.
Remember the past couple years when many fans lamented the Birds didn’t have any “likeable” players? Yeah, I’d say that’s solidly a thing of the past.
>> Jason Kelce Will Eat At Wing Bowl 22 [94WIP]
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money