Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM because he’ll just ruin the Cowboys anyway

Dec 17, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT

jerry-jones

The Philadelphia Eagles got knocked down a peg on Sunday, but that’s okay, because the Dallas Cowboys in December. Tony Romo shoulders a lot of the blame for their historic collapse—as well he should—but let’s not forget their porous defense, clueless coaching staff, and most of all, the man behind the curtain.

It’s a Dallas fan’s greatest lament that Jerry Jones will still be the club’s general manager after this season ends, and every other season, because Jerry Jones isn’t going to fire Jerry Jones. Not only does the owner of the Cowboys admit he’d just meddle with a proper GM anyway, at 71 years of age, Jones seems blissfully unaware that he may not have all the answers.

Per Tim MacMahon for ESPNDallas.com, Jones talked about why he won’t replace himself as the top decision-maker on all matters of personnel for a local radio interview.

“It’s often said that, why don’t I get someone to be the GM?” Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan. “Why don’t I get someone to pick the players? Well, who in the world do you think that person when they walk through the door and say, ‘We want to get this player or we want to pay this player,’ what in the world do you think I’m going to do? I’m going to sit down and I’m going to go through it and I’m going to say, ‘Show me the player. Show me everything about the player before I write the check. Show me the player and let me see everything about the player.’

“Well, rather than that have happen, I get involved in it and know everything about the players before they get to the door. That, if you’ve got the time to do it, that’s a better way to do it.”

I rather enjoyed MacMahon’s interpretation of Jones’ speech, too.

Why hire an architect when you’ve got time to decide how you want your house to look, right? Never mind that you keep building houses with leaky roofs and crumbling foundations.

The Cowboys have only won one playoff game in the last 17 years, and while Jones would tell you he was responsible for their three Super Bowl wins in the 90s, anybody who was around the team would credit Jimmy Johnson for building that dynasty. The man is living in denial, which has made for some great theater for Eagles fans.

>> Jerry: ‘Why don’t I get someone to be GM?’ [ESPN]

182 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. David Chang - Dec 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Jerry Jones is trying to preserve the Cowboys brand. He and Jimmy built the team that won three championships. After that ended, he has no one to work with to rebuild.

• greg - Dec 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM

well, he had Parcell’s and that was successful and that’s the problem, JJ wants full credit for everything and wants puppets for his coaches and obviously that hasn’t worked and will never work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don’t see how someone can be so rich and be so stupidl………………………………………………..well, someone with an ego the size of texas, I see that, and JJ has that, along with that the cowboys will suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he had any sense at all he would BEG Jimmy Johnson and or Bill Parcells to coach the team again but we all know that’s not gonna happen, So we all know that the cowboys will continue to suck period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• greg HOLMES - Dec 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM

PLEASE, WHOMEVER IS IN CHARGE OF THESE COMMENTS MAKE SURE JERRY JONES (OWNER OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS SEES THIS) I KNOW I SPEAK FOR MILLIONS OF FANS (AND THE FANS ARE DWINDLING FAST)…………………………………………….ONE MORE THING COWBOYS FANS, IF YOU HAVE TICKETS FOR OUT SORRY ARSE TEAM, DONT SHOW BACK UP THE GAMES, DONT BUY ANY MORE MERCHANDISE FROM THEM ANY MORE, IF WE CAN GET EVERYONE TO DO THIS, I ASSURE YOU JERRY JONES WILL LISTEN AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, PLEASE DO THIS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

• Niles Standish - Dec 18, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Greg you make a great point but Jerry is effected by the same thing Obama is and they refuse to hear anything other than what they want to hear,Our only hope is that after Jones falls out that his kid Stephen isnt as big a waterhead as his daddy!

• 2sentz - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Hello Greg, this is 2sentz in the 700Level comments department.

As the person in charge of all comments, rest assured I will forward your feelings directly to Mr. Jones personal secretary. This week has been trying for all of us, believe me it’s been difficult collating all comments into coherent organized rants (“I hate Jerry”, “I hate Cowboys”, “I hate this stupid blue shirt with the retarded star that I paid 200 samoleans for”, “No person should be put through this pain”, “How am I gonna face my family at Christmas”, etc). But Enrico has provided a staff of minions working 24/7, and we hope to have all comments in Jerry’s hands by the time he boards the team plane back to Dallas this Sunday night, sitting at 7-8.

Thank you again for your contribution, and as you prepare to give your woman sweet lovin’ this Christmas Eve, try not to Pull A Romo.

-Comments Dept

• Niles Standish - Dec 18, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Back when Jimmy was coaching em up all Jerry had responibility for was writing the checks,Jimmy did all the heavy lifting,Trades and evaluating,Jerry wanted all the atention and so Jimmy stepped aside and you see the result!

• Jhamaul H anner - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Well said and so true. I’ve been a Cowboys fan since the Staubach days and Jerry Jones is making me rethink the entire brand. I love the Cowboys as a team, but Jerry and his dictator type ways are killin’ me.

• Bill Baskett - Dec 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I have been a DC Fan for over 30 years. That is up until this dreadful season. I will no longer buy DC merchandise nor subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the DC. I am disgusted with JJ and his lack of any sense of football knowledge. He reminds me of the late Oakland Raider owner Al Davis. That is how bad this is getting. Anyway Goooooo Broncos!!!!!

• rick - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Jimmy built the Cowboys team that won tree championships – Jerry just wrote checks.
      That relationship broke up because Jerry couldn’t stand not being in the limelight. He’s been in the limelight now for years and we see the results – HE IS THE PROBLEM -

• Tom - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM

quit pickin’ on my Cowboys. Jerry Jones would be a better president than BO. tt

2. Michael Lagunas - Dec 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Jones is a raging incompatent narcissist! He may be a business tycoon but he and his whole junta(sons) are raging asinine incompetent fools when it comes to football! What he has managed single handed to the COWBOYS is DISGRACEFUL! IT IS A SPIT IN THE FACE TO LANDRY DANDY, STAUBACH AND ALL THE FANS! AS THEY SAY A FOOL ON THE HILL CANNOT SEE HIS STUPIDITY!

3. FloridaFan - Dec 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Mr. Jones, I appeal to you in the name of all Dallas Cowboys fans! We have watched this team, laden with talent perform well under its capacity for years. If your not going to give up the seat as GM then at least bring in a coach who will get all he can out of these players, Garrett certainly cant. There is no passion in the coaching and no imagination in the play calling. On paper you match up well with the elite teams but you fold down the stretch. A real coach would jump in his players sh** for screwing something up and all we see is a “you will get them next time” approach. Your defensive coordinators suck, never mind the injuries that happens to all teams during a season they still have no idea how to coach this squad. 17 years now we have been waiting for you to return this team to not only a playoff WINNING team, but there should be at least 3 if not more Lombardi trophies sitting besides the others ones in your display case. I cant imagine your happy with the lack of success this team has had over the last 17 years so why do you tolerate it? Its time to clean house and bring in a new coaching staff altogether, you want to keep Garrett, fine, put him in your office and keep him off the field. As I lifelong fan I dont expect you to win the Super Bowl every year but I do expect you to field a competitive enough team that can win consistently and at least put on a good showing throughout a season. This is not that team, or at least not that coaching staff. You keep the team the same but bring in a coach who is passionate about winning and see if you dont get that trophy in the next two years, maybe two in a row. But you refuse to make changes and you doom this team to mediocre seasons and worse, fans who will look for someone else to root for and take their NFL merchandise dollars elsewhere. I know I wont be buying anything with a star on it until you do.

FloridaFan

• anthony torres - Dec 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM

You got it just right Florida fan, from a Die hard Dallas Cowboy Fan

• michael duran - Dec 18, 2013 at 3:53 AM

JJ is such an idiot. Give me 1 dollar and let me play one game and i could do better than what these so called nfl cowboys can do

4. Del - Dec 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM

In a perfect world Jimmy Johnson would come back to be the new GM, but noooo, it’s like Sheriff Andy Taylor left town and Barney’s in charge of Mayberry.

5. GREG - Dec 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM

OUR PROBLEM IS THE GM, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS INCLUDING THE GM BUT HE IS TOO DAMN HARD HEADED TO ADMIT IT, AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE TRUTH WITH OUR BELOVED COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. vik78704 - Dec 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I’m a man without an NFL team and I want to cheer and cheer loud, like I did in the 90′s. What made JJ think Romo was worth 100 million…who knows. Romo should have been gone years ago. Maybe the fans need to boycott and hit JJ where it counts, his wallet. Stop buying tickets to games, $10 beers, $8 hot dogs, $50 parking and team merchandise. This drama is not going to end anytime soon, unless the fans rise and make a stand and demand changes. I don’t watch games and have not for several years, stopped buying merchandise and will not go to a game. Imagine, if on game day on live television, the stadium was empty. That would be the turning point and our climb back to being America’s Team!

• Bill Forston - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Is Jerry fooling around with one of those Cowboy Cheerleaders or something?…I can`t think of anything else besides a gorgeous woman that could make such a fool of a man!!

• gnadfly - Dec 30, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Oh, it’ll be empty on the Sunday playoffs. Thanks, Jerry!

BTW, Jerry isn’t about building a winning football team, he’s about building a brand.

7. vhernan369 - Dec 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM

When a company is dong bad, you don’t blame the janitor, you start at the top. So Jerry, I think you need to look in the mirror and realize the problem starts with you. First of all you fire the most winning coach (Tom Landry) in Cowboy history, “plain stupid move.” Mr. Landry had more back to back playoff appearances than you could only dream of. He orchestrated the Cowboys into America’s team, which congratulations you have undone that. Then you fire or force a winner (Jimmy Johnson) to leave an organization that wins back to back Super Bowls. The answer is a messed up ego and now bordering on Delusional that you have a clue you know anything about football. You did the same thing with Berry Switzer. At least your consistent in bad decisions. With these kind of decisions you make Romo look like he’s already a Hall of Famer. Now second on the list of serious considerations for being able to get a job done is Jason Garret, as I think he is friends with some of his players instead of having a no bullshit attitude and attitude of, “get the job done or your gone.” Then there’s the new Defensive Coordinator Monte Kiffen; I think at this point you would be better off with a Middle School Football coach, cause, “it can’t get any worse.”
    Solution: Jerry, you need to turn in your keys and let someone who knows what there doing get the job done. I think your a great businessman that can win Super Bowls of business, but you have demonstrated you are ruining the Cowboy organization. You better think of selling the team so you can recoup your investment, cause I assure you a lot of people recognize the Dallas Cowboys as a joke. On this course it’s a matter of time your going to lose significant value, as your losing value each year. So stop blaming anyone on the team and take a good look in the mirror so you can take responsibility you obviously don’t know what your doing.

Sincerely

Diluted Wowboy fan

• Alex - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Here’s the problem with that line of thinking: As a business the cowboys are flourishing. They do not care if they put out a bad product because they are making a fortune. For example: if Apple puts out a decent (but very overpriced) phone but everyone still buys it, the end user may suffer but the business is doing fantastic.

As for the lose significant value, seriously doubtful, they are still the 3rd most valuable franchise in the world (as of 2012) and their value keeps increasing.

Good luck Dallas! New York and Philly love what you and Dan Snyder keep doing to the NFC East

• Ken Francis - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Alex, great point. The Chicago Cubs are another GOOD example. Why should the ownership of the Chicago Cubs make any financial commitment to winning a World Series when the seats at Wrigley Field are totally filled each and every game regardless of the teams’ record? I wouldn’t. From a purely business standpoint: if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

• willh888 - Dec 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Chicago Cubs games rarely ever sell out. The only thing they’ve done well is make you think they sell out. 70 some percent capacity with a small stadium. That city knows they suck

8. Sports Media - Dec 18, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Normally I comment on this type of stuff but to be honest I am so damn sick of this sorry team and its antics that I am not even going to spew the venom I have inside. Tired of it and done with them.

• Todd - Dec 18, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Amen Brother, it has gotten old, hasn’t it.

9. JK - Dec 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM

JJ, wants so much to be like that maverick Al Davis and that innovator Tex Shramm, that it clouds his true business judgement. Because, if he ran the team like a business he would easily see that he needs to have some one run it for him. Every good company has a good HR department that recruits the right people to fill the right positions. In the NFL, that translates into a GM. After 17 years of failure, you think a true business man such as JJ would see that.

Proverbs 16:18; Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. We see the destruction every December with this team, because of the poor planning on all levels during the offseason. What halts any good planning is JJ’s pride in thinking he knows “football”. He was a third team defensive tackle and went into the insurance business, grew in that world and was successful. His buddy Jimmie was second team, went into coaching, grew in that world and was successful.

JJ stick to what you know, run the “Cowboy Brand” and be successful. Hire a GM and let him do what he knows and bring the product back up on the field. The result will be untold riches and success for you and your family and it WILL help with the “Brand”. You will be hailed as a great “maverick” and “innovator” of the game. Step away you will see all this in 20-20.

10. T Rex - Dec 18, 2013 at 4:03 AM

I think Jerry Jones is doing a helluva job, all you other posters don’t know what the hell you’re talking about! If I were him I wouldn’t hire a GM either, this is his baby, he’s more than qualified to run the team. The man has the mind of a 40 year old, so he’s made a few mistakes, what GM hasn’t?

• Brad - Dec 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Are you CRAZY

• Renegade - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Ok, You must be a:

Redskins
      Eagles
      Or Giants fan.

• mike c - Dec 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

or a MORON!!!!!

• Eddie - Dec 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM

a 40 year dilusional mind is still dilusional!

11. BroncoBilly - Dec 18, 2013 at 7:17 AM

FloridaFan

A puppet has no emotion.

12. Jerry - Dec 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Try proof reading.

13. pete - Dec 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I love the Cowboys, since way back when. But I am also sadden that we will never see another super bowl again. We have gone from “America’s team” of champions to the NFL’s biggest joke. I remember when talking to my buddies about how they need to get by my Cowboys on Sunday and they would be worried about their team coming only close to beating the Cowboys. Now days we talk the same only this time they just laugh. Their reply is how much their team will beat the Cowboys. Will it be by a little or are the Cowboys going to be humiliated. We have talent coming out our butt. But from the office upstairs to the coaching on the field there is no leadership in the organization. Any good coaches
    we did have Jerry Jones have run off. In his own mind he thinks he is a brilliant man. There is some truth to that. He has figured out how to sabotage and lose in every way possible using. the greatest team in the greatest game ever. I will not be a fan of any other team. But I find it comes easier now that when the Cowboys are playing on tv to turn the station only after the first quarter. I am finding it more enjoyable watching two other teams play a better game that is well coached. If Jerry will not fix the broken wheels in the organization starting with himself we will never see another Super Bowl let along a playoff game. So in conclusion “GO COWBOY’S ” or what ever

14. BigWill - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Everyone put up some great comments and I agree with a lot of the fans (maybe not so much with TRex) but the one thing that hasn’t changed in those 17 years is the GM. When I watch a game it is like a rollercoaster ride, at first you are going up high and then you are at the top and looking over to the big drop, then they do something stupid or don’t do anything and your stomach goes to your mouth. I live in a area where the Eagles are north of me and redskins are south of me and I am consantly taking heat for being a Cowboys fan I’ve even been at the Link in Philly with my cowboys gear on being boo and things thrown at me and I’m saying maybe some wholesale changes are dew.

15. pod1300 - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM

THIS IS RIDICULOUS JERRY JONES HAVE ONLY PICK 2 TO 3 GOOD PLAYER’S AS A GM. HE NEED TO LET IT GO. ITS CLEARLY SHOW THAT HE DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ON WHAT HE’S DOING. I MEAN FROM THE GM TO THE COACHES STAFF. SINCE JASON GARRETT BECAME COACH ON THE COWBOY’S STAFF CLEARLY YOU SEE COWBOY’S HAVEN’T WON AHYTHING. I HOPE EGO,PRIDE OR STUPIDITY KILL THE BASIC FAN’S OF THE COWBOY’S. I KNOW JJ IS THE OWNER IT’S HE’S TEAM JUST BE THE OWNER. ITS EMBARRASSING WHAT THE COWBOY’S HASN’T DONE IN THE LAST PASS 10 OR PLUS YEAR.AS A DIE HARD COWBOY FAN IT NOT FAIR TO ME OR US THAT WE GO THRU THIS EVER YEAR. SOMETHING NEED TO HAPPEND SOON.
    P.O.D.

16. mikequin - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Dallas fans,quit your crying.It could be worse,you could be a Lions fan..LOL.

17. gary vincent - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Its no use to hope the Cowboys make the playoffs.They wiil only play one game.I think they will have trouble beating the Redskins and the Eagles.At least if they win one game they will be 8 and 8 which is all Jerry wants.I dont see how they still sell tickets for home games.They Fans need to stage a walkout see how Jerry likes that.

18. Horacio Trevino - Dec 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Jerry Jones!

You hire a GM that KNOWS football! That KNOWS the players! And your job as an owner is to trust that person to make the right decisions and you Mr.JJ just write the damn checks!!!

19. chrlie - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I have been a fan of this team for quit a few years seen the good seen the bad ,but this has to be the most pathetic I have seen yet, I tell you what I would like to do I would take Romo,garret,and kiffen, and shove them up jj’s a– roll them into a ball, give them to bailey, and tell him to punt this. I am sick of all of this s–t.

20. robert - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Does Jerry Jones throw the interceptions, miss the passes, and let opponents have 500 yard games? Perhaps the players need to perform a little better. There are very few genius in the NFL managing.

• beachwalker - Dec 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Robert, you are missing the whole point. As GM, Jerry Jones draft players, signs free agents, signs coaches, call every shot, and is the guy most responsible for the product we see on the field. The Cowboys are a mismatched bunch individual players without a lot of playmakers, especially on defense. You can’t win like that. So in fact, Jerry Jones is the guy responsible!

21. Robert Agostino - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Dallas Cowboy fans, far and wide.. I have follow this team since the days of Landry, Lilly, Hayes and on…1965 to be exact..Yes 48 years. Like some or many of you we have seen the best and the worse of teams wear the “Star Helmet”. The last 17-18 years have been the Most Difficult to watch as a fan because I see players with No Heart, No Brains, No Courage and No Passion for the Game they say they Love.. This story almost sounds like the “Wizard Of Oz” Movie…I just want Dorothy to click her heels to those Glass slippers to Wish JJ Gone!!!! Jerry, Jerry, Jerry…. You Screwed Us Cowboys Fans Of Jimmy Johnson and continued success For Countless Championship, Bill Parcells was bringing this team Back to Championship form Only to have Once again Interject Your Worthless Signings of Terrel Owens, PacMan Jones, (2) Number One Draft choices ForJoey Galloway and On and On….Bad Coaches In ..Yes Jerry I will say this Barry Switzer.. Great College coach but Not An NFL Coach!!! Countless seemingly good core players like Marion Barber, Felix Jones again A Number One Draft Choice here and what do the Cowboys do because this player is shot, no good anymore….We Cut Him like Barber and Get ZERO!!!! Nothing!!! back!!! No Value!!! Jerry, Jerry!!!! I would have traded both Barber and Jones Before they came up lame when they had Value!!! Yes There is That Word Again Value Jerry!!! I first Heard That One word when Jimmy Johnson was The Coach There when discussing players in the Organization. Miles Austin would have been traded a long time ago Jerry If I was The GM there… Yes A Quality Player BUT Always Injured!!! Value Jerry…Anthony Spencer… Often Injured… Trade Jerry!!!! DeMarcus Ware.. Often Injured… Trade Him While you have Value!!! These Players Have No Value Sitting On The Sidelines watching “The Tarnished Americas Team” playing without them… You Need a Football Mind That Has NO CONNECTION OR FEELINGS TO ANY ONE PLAYER!!!! You Need A Young Head Football Coach and A Young Defensive Coordinator as well as a Young Offensive Coordinator to Motivate and Instill Enthusiasm in this Team!!!! Jerry I said this two years ago That The Dallas Cowboys are The Oakland Raiders Southwest!!! Because You Remind Me Of Your Dear Pal Al Davis!!!! Wake Up!!! Write The Checks and Stay Out Of The On The Field Football Operations Let a General Manager and Head Coach Do Those Jobs!!! I am Not A quitter Jerry, But One more Off season Of Stupid Free Agent Signings, No Movement In The Coaches and that spells the end of my watching Ugly Football Cowboys Style!!!! Enough Is Enough!!!! Jerry I can Do A Better Job As General Manager Than You And I Challenge You To Stop Being So Damn Stubborn And Leave The Day To Day On The Field Operations To People That Know Football!!! And Enjoy the Success!!!!

• larrycramsey - Dec 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Beautifully stated. Only difference with me is that I refuse to give him another year. In fact, I should have stopped supporting the buffoon ten years ago. You must face it. jerry is not going away! There is no hope until he has gone.

22. j - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Let’s take a step back and really look at this thing. The nfl is a business, every nfl owner is in this thing to make money, period. Jerry jones is no differant. He obviously sees no matter what kind of product he puts on the field, fans will buy tickets and merchandise. Why would he change anything. As long as he keeps record attendances and high TV ratings, he’s going to continue conducting day to day business the same way. If cowboy fans are really serious about a change, stop buying merchandise, stop buying tickets, the day Jerry’s bottom line takes a significant hit he will have no choice but to change something.

23. Al Butterbaugh - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM

If it was all about money and things were tight (think Brown at Cincinnati) I could understand Jones feelings. But they have all the money in the world to do it right. As I watch Jones on TV suffer through lose after lose ,I know it’s about winning ! After all these years you would think he knows he doesn’t have it anymore and hire some experts at the top ! However the good news is I hate the cowboys and as long as he’s in charge they’ll continue losing ???????????? So keep on letting that ego control the cowboys Jerry !

24. Tx2Step - Dec 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM

“If someone else does, this, what will I have to do.?” One thing Jerry, how well has this worked for you in the last 17 years. You want something to do…….LOOK AT the history of AL DAVIS running the Raiders. How many Superbowls did they win, how successful were they with AL running the program? Even worse than you! One, you lack the knowledge and skills necessary. Two, “when I write the check” mentality of ‘knowing everything” about the player, YOU have proven over and over again YOU HAVE ‘SELECTION SKILLS” which include; future drug addicts, drunk drivers, etc. You made two good picks for coaches, the first two and that is all. Let a TRUE PROFESSIONAL handle the team and MAKE MORE $$$$ for you! Afterall, that IS YOUR bottom line, $$$$. Otherwise, I agree with Greg; STOP BUYING COWBOY STUFF; hurt JERRY WHERE HIS BRAINS ARE…with $$$$; that is ALL he understands, ALL he will see, and ALL that will have an impact on him. I’m TIRED of being ROMOTIZED, absolutely lousy coaching (#1 WORSE DEFENSE in the league – allowing a NEW PASSING YARDAGE RECORD!) no defense, and a team which goes to sleep OR is traumatized by a QB! WAKE UP JERRY, 17 YEARS OF FAILURE………would you have done even a TENTH of that in your past business without CHANGING SOMETHING?

25. mike c - Dec 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Jerry Jones is a megalomaniac, skirt chasing BUM!!! I absolutely can not STAND that man and what he has done to my team. The indirect reason they won those super bowls is because the prior administration “wasted” a draft pick on Herschel Walker.
    Cowboys fan since 77