Nov 6, 2011, 10:28 AM EST
Joe Frazier is once again fighting. Unfortunately all of us, this time, it’s against an opponent even his legendary left hook can’t stop.
It is our sad duty this morning to bring you the news that Philadelphia boxing legend “Smokin’” Joe Frazier is in failing health. Reports broke Saturday evening that the former champ and all-time great has been taken to a Philadelphia-area hospice facility, and is in the final stages of an aggressive form of liver cancer.
Our condolences go out to his family and friends during this difficult time.
There’s plenty that can and will be said about the career of Joe Frazier over the coming days. But, for now, we’ll leave it to George Foreman to sum up what we all know, or at least should know, about one of the greatest competitors the sport has ever seen. Long before his lean-mean-fat-grillin’ machines, you may remember Foreman as the A-No. 1 Baddest Man on the Planet. As he reveals below, there wasn’t a single man on this earth—including Muhammad Ali—who scared him in the ring.
Save, of course, for Joe Frazier:
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Dom on Why the upcoming free agency b…|
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return