May 13, 2005, 1:30 PM EDT
Patience is a virtue, and it’d be nice to
see patience from a Philly fan. But that’s not what
they’re known for. And you’d better believe, they like the reputation. -Jimmy Rollins 5/12/05
Jimmy Rollins cut his hair, or now lack of, and is spewing nonsense. Now, Philly fans are many things, but to say they aren’t patient is ridiculous. The Phillies have won ONE Championship in well over a century of playing the game of baseball.
I was born roughly 227 hours and 17 minutes after the Phillies won their only World Championship. I have never witnessed this town win anything. Sure, I may have been alive for the Sixers championship in ’83, but I’m not going to lie.. I don’t remember much besides Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.
So I’ve been a Philadelphia Sports fan for as long as I can remember and have never seen my team win a championship. If I weren’t patient, I wouldn’t be a fan anymore, Mr. Rollins. So take your patience and shove it. I still love Jimmy Rollins, but Jimmy.. don’t be so ignorant.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money