May 13, 2005, 1:30 PM EDT
Patience is a virtue, and it’d be nice to
see patience from a Philly fan. But that’s not what
they’re known for. And you’d better believe, they like the reputation. -Jimmy Rollins 5/12/05
Jimmy Rollins cut his hair, or now lack of, and is spewing nonsense. Now, Philly fans are many things, but to say they aren’t patient is ridiculous. The Phillies have won ONE Championship in well over a century of playing the game of baseball.
I was born roughly 227 hours and 17 minutes after the Phillies won their only World Championship. I have never witnessed this town win anything. Sure, I may have been alive for the Sixers championship in ’83, but I’m not going to lie.. I don’t remember much besides Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.
So I’ve been a Philadelphia Sports fan for as long as I can remember and have never seen my team win a championship. If I weren’t patient, I wouldn’t be a fan anymore, Mr. Rollins. So take your patience and shove it. I still love Jimmy Rollins, but Jimmy.. don’t be so ignorant.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return