Jan 15, 2007, 10:28 AM EDT
It’s not everyday a human with a neck-beard can make a six figure salary let alone earn a six figure pay check for three days of work. Leave it up to our hoopty driving Koy Detmer.
The Vikings brought Detmer in last week because injuries had left them
with only one healthy quarterback. He practiced three days with the
team, but was released on Saturday when it became clear that Tarvaris
Jackson was healthy enough to serve as the backup. When we look back on
the 2007 Vikings a decade from now (not that anyone will want to),
it’ll be hard to remember that Detmer was ever in Minnesota.
For those three days of work, Detmer cleared more money than most Americans earn in a year. As the Star-Tribune explains,
the Collective Bargaining Agreement ensured that Detmer got paid for a
week’s work, even though he never played in a game. He claimed $42,000
for those three days, then got another $48,000 severance pay.
F@*k being a fireman or a investment banker. When I grow up, I want to be a backup QB in the NFL. In three days he probably didn’t even get through a whole pack of Target undies.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return