Jan 16, 2007, 1:15 AM EST
Chris Webber has become quite adept at watching games from the sidelines.
That’s what this Yahoo! photo caption should read.
Chris Webber was in attendance in Auburn Hills for the Pistons game on Monday night.
The ovation began as he emerged from a
tunnel in a corner of The Palace. By the time he entered the light of
the arena, many were standing and most were cheering, and when P.A.
announcer John Mason asked fans to welcome "Detroit’s own Chris
Webber," the noise grew. It was not thunderous, but appreciative.
That’s certainly a whole lot more than he became used to in the city of brotherly love.
Timeout went from being the aging, over the hill, hated-because-he’s-making-millions-to-sit-the-bench CWebb in Philly to getting a standing ovation in Detroit, moving from a team with 10 wins to a team with over twice that, and oh yeah, the Sixers are still paying his electric bill.
Webber obviously couldn’t turn down the chance to play in front of his people. Part of his statement:
Joining the Pistons will allow me the
opportunity to play the game I love in my hometown of Detroit
surrounded by my family. I look forward to joining a roster of talented
athletes and working toward a fourth NBA title for the Pistons and the
great city of Detroit.
In somewhat related news, the Sixers lost again yesterday to Toronto. Chris Bosh can play. 8,000 strong showed up at the Wachovia Center to watch the game.
Billy King was asked why he thought things didn’t work out with Chris Webber and the Sixers in the long run. His answer was not surprising, "I have no idea."
Not a clue.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return