Jan 25, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
This week we have a series of guest posts by a reader known as Rev. These are his words.
The first episode of the final season of LOST will air on February 2nd. One of the pressing questions on the show is not so much where they are, but when they are. Some survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 are on the island in the year 1977. Other survivors are on the island in the year 2007. Having the ability to move characters through space and time has given the writers incredible freedom to explore story lines. It’s also a terrific idea to steal for a blog post.
So, with a nod to The Dharma Initiative, if you could bring back one player for each of the four teams in town who would you bring back and why? What are the criteria? First, the player you are bringing back has to have played during your lifetime. Second, you cannot bring back a hall of fame or hall of fame caliber player. I’ve listed my four below. Feel free to add yours as well.
We're going to look at one of our four teams each day this week. Up first, the Eagles.
Needs: Another defensive end to complement Trent Cole. A safety that can cover, support the run, and fit into Sean McDermott’s blitz scheme. A linebacker who can play all three downs and cover a tight end.
Ineligible Candidates due to HOF: Reggie White and Brian Dawkins.
Candidates: Clyde Simmons as the complementary DE. Wes Hopkins brings a ton to the table as a safety that could cover, support the run, and blitz. Seth Joyner would be have no problems covering tight ends and playing as a three down linebacker.
Hopping on board Flight 815: Clyde Simmons. As much as I love Uncle Seth I feel somewhat comfortable with a healthy Stewart Bradley returning to the linebacking corps. Also, Wes Hopkins was a terrific safety, but Clyde has to be the pick. A front four able to generate pressure will make even a mediocre secondary that much better. Juqua Parker, Victor Abiamiri, and Darren Howard do not generate enough pressure opposite Trent Cole. Clyde’s 121.5 career sacks would go a long way to improving the front four. Oceanic Airlines would like to welcome Clyde Simmons to the island.
Who would you take from the past to help the Birds today?
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money