Dec 16, 2006, 4:43 AM EDT
For the record, Louis is now just Lou. Get it straight.
Back in the summer, Marc Narducci wrote a blog post titled "Lou is Dominating Vegas." This caught our eye. We wrote into Henry Abbott over at TrueHoop who was reporting great stuff straight from the summer league to see if he’d seen much of the diminutive Sixer. Unfortunately, Henry hadn’t seen much of Williams’ court time and couldn’t pass on any juicy info.
Just days into the preseason, sweet Lou has been getting a bit of attention. We thought we’d troll the nets to see what was being said about Lou Williams.
Michael at TrueHoop: "Louis Williams can dunk the ball like LeBron James. His dunk at the end
of the game brought four people out of their seat. Considering the
attendance, that’s pretty good."
Dime at FoxSports: "Like we said after catching
“Real Training Camp” the other day, the Nets are kinda garbage once you
get past J-Kidd, Vince and RJ. All three of them sat out
last night against Philly — who isn’t even good at full strength. So
the less-than-half-full Wachovia Center was treated to Boki Nachbar and Louis Williams doing a re-enactment of Larry Bird vs. Dominique Wilkins. Nachbar dropped 35 points while Williams went for 33 …"
Kevin at Inqy:
"Williams is only three years removed from a spectacular high school
career. He entered the NBA draft in 2005 after his senior year at South
Gwinnett High in Georgia, where he was named the Naismith Award winner
as the nation’s top high school player. "I’m going into my third year,
and I most definitely want to be on the
court," said Williams, who scored 13 points last night. "I’ll play
[center] if I have to." Cheeks is enjoying the competition between
Williams and Ollie. "We’ll let it play out in the next few games and
practices and see
where it goes," said Cheeks, who had played Ollie and Williams together
for several minutes. "Lou will play more [point] than [shooting guard]."
The way the Sixers will be floating around as the bottom feeders of the East this season, Lou Williams could be one of the more exciting stories to watch. It’s no secret how important Andre Miller is to this team so Williams chance to run the point will surely be limited. At the same time, Lou can learn from one of the best.
In my opinion, when you’re picking late in the second round of the NBA draft, Williams is exactly the kind of guy you take a flier on. Not only can he light up the scoreboard or throw down a good dunk, but he won’t be able to legally throw down a few beers for another week and a half. He was born in 1986! Damn, I’m old.
|Yea your a smacked a… on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return