Luke Schenn tosses Dan Carcillo like a rag doll and more video and images from a chippy Flyers loss in NY
Jan 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
The New York Rangers may have won their battle against the Philadelphia Flyers at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night, but as is usually the case in this storied rivalry, it just set the tone for the next meeting.
The Rags jumped all over the Flyers, potting three goals in the game’s opening 10 minutes, and would go on to prevail 4-1. Henrik Lundqvist stopped 37 of 38 shots to earn first star, as it was just one of those nights for the orange and black. In all honesty, they were probably due for a lousy performance.
The Bullies did not take the loss in stride though. Both of the Schenns got into fights—Luke versus Dan Carcillo, Brayden against John Moore—while Wayne Simmonds also earned a misconduct penalty for his participation in a skirmish in the closing seconds, which you can view below.
I’m not sure how much damage was done by Brayden’s noogie-jabs to the back of Moore’s head, but that didn’t detract from the entertainment any.
Luke’s brawl with Carcillo was feisty as well. As good as the video is though, be sure to check out the images at the bottom. The big defenseman flings the ex-Flyer through the air a couple of times during the encounter, which the photographer captured beautifully.
The Flyers and Rangers meet again in South Philly matinee on March 1, followed a few weeks later by the series finale on March 26 at MSG.
>> Box Score [Yahoo!]
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money