Jul 13, 2010, 5:53 PM EDT
Charlie Manuel, Ryan Howard, and Roy Halladay are the Philadelphia representatives taking part in this year's MLB All-Star game. They're tasked with winning a mid-summer classic for the National League for the first time since 1996 when the Senior Circuit last defeated the AL. That game took place at the scenic Veterans Stadium right here in Philadelphia (check out that sweet logo).
The starting pitchers tonight will be Ubaldo Jimenez for the NL and the guy who gave up a home run to Eric Bruntlett in the 2008 World Series for the AL.
Ryan Howard will bat clean up for Manuel's NL squad. As for our ace, Charlie says Roy Halladay won't see more than an inning of work tonight.
All-Star games in any sport these days seem to be more of an opportunity for detractors of such events to really release their bile, but at the end of the day, in my opinion, it's a pretty unique opportunity to see the best baseball players in the world all in one game. I'm not exactly hyped up about the game, and will likely be switching back and forth with the final moments of Captain Phil on Deadliest Catch, but I'll definitely be interested to see how Ryan Howard fares.
Game time in California is scheduled for 8:00 ET.
Remeber, this time it counts! Again.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money