Mar 11, 2006, 4:46 PM EDT
From an article in Today’s Trenton Times by Eagles beat writer Mark Eckel:
PHILADELPHIA — By the time you read this, Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley already will be an Eagle.
who went to the Pro Bowl last season as a member of the New Orleans
Saints, agreed to a mega-deal with the Eagles before free agency began
at 12:01 a.m., according to a source close to the situation.
key member of another team, which also was interested in Bentley, said
the Eagles had a deal in place with the center for close to a week, and
waited through the several delays to the start of free agency.
Hey Mr. Eckel, Bentley signed this morning with the Cleveland Browns. The Browns? Damn. It’s all about the Benjamins. The Eagles are off to a slow start to free agency and haven’t announced any signings.
This is why I always say don’t believe it until you see it.
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money