Jan 17, 2007, 12:00 PM EDT
With the Eagles season ending, we’d like to return to our baseball card of the week feature. This week we depart from our typical Philly athlete to examine the much debated Mark McGwire.
Without further ado, a card from the days of yore. A baseball card from a time when the cream was something you found inside your chocolate Tastykake, a time when the word steroid didn’t even register in our vocabulary.
Ladies and gents, 70 home runs in the season of 1998. Mark McGwire after the jump.
Should he be in the Hall of Fame? What’s your take. Here are some thoughts from people around the web.
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money