Sep 23, 2009, 5:36 PM EDT
The Phillies played two games yesterday and unfortunately I chose the wrong one to watch. I'm not even entirely sure the Phillies showed up to play in the second game at Jimmy Buffett Stadium in Florida. Chase Utley had two hits and the rest of the squad had zero. Jamie Moyer's domination in the state of similarly aged retirees came to an end. The Phillies were bad. But they were good enough in the earlier game to get the win, so a split was mostly acceptable.
But today, with Cole Hamels on the mound facing Rick VandenHurk — love the capital 'H' — they need to show up and put an end to the Marlins season.
The 24-year old righty is an imposing 6 foot 5 inches with a much less imposing 12.79 ERA against the Phillies in two career outings, both losses.
Cole Hamels on the other hand is a freaking WFC and World Series MVP who just so happens to star in advertising for really expensive apartments high atop one of Philadelphia's tallest building.
With the playoff rotation yet to be determined, these next few games and how sharp Cole and Cliff are could tip Charlie's hand as to who goes in game one of the first series. Will Cole's resurgence over the past month earn him the throne back, and can he continue to show that he's still the man in Philly?
Tune in at 7:05 tonight to find out.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money