Mar 17, 2007, 9:35 AM EDT
The wife of Flyers goalie Martin Biron has arrived in Philly. Ordinarily, this sort of thing doesn’t make the papers, but since last week, Bob Parent and 610 WIP’s morning show have pointed out the significance of this event. It seems that despite his prowess in the net, Marty doesn’t have the final say in where he signs when he enters free agency after this season… his wife does. Although freshly re-upped GM Paul Holmgren is eager to get a deal done, Biron’s camp won’t talk about it until after the Mrs. has had an opportunity to visit the city and evaluate.
Fortunately, Biron seems to love Philly, which makes sense. As a hockey player, it’s hard to find a better city to play in, with lukewarm markets such as Nashville and
Charlotte Raleigh trying to make one-and-done Stanley Cup runs every season. Unfortunately, Biron is living in South Jersey (Haddonfield). Not quite as easy a sale.
Fans of Biron in Philly can rest easy knowing Mrs. Biron’s basis of comparison though: She’s a native of Buffalo, and lives there to this day. I understand Philadelphia may not be the easiest place to live, but it’s gotta destroy Buffalo in pretty much every category.
Bottom line: Biron is looking good in Orange and Black, and the team needs him next year. If you see the goalie walking through town, please hold the door for his wife.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return