Aug 2, 2006, 11:12 AM EDT
In the Inqurier a few days ago they mentioned Philly being a very possible choice for an MLS team. Likely taking the Wizards out of Kansas City. I wonder if the Wizards get more fan support than the Royals?
July 1 was the last day of Rowan’s exclusive negotiating rights with
the league, Kuhns told the Star. Another investor could approach the
league about putting a team in Philadelphia, he said.
I’d be all for an MLS team coming to the area. With the recent excitement of the World Cup, I could get behind a new team. And if nothing else, Philly fans could find a new reason to tailgate.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money