Jan 22, 2006, 1:21 AM EDT
Yep, John Street is the mayor of Philadelphia. Ryan Howard had a busy day yesterday. He played with kids, met with Mayor Street, and watched the Sixers. The worst part of the day was when Mayor Street referred to him as Ron. Ron Howard. Fuck. Street can’t even get the name right of our biggest star in decades.
Howard got a chance to shoot some hoops and made a layup, foul shot, and three pointer, but couldn’t connect on a half court shot.
Bob Ford points out that Philly’s most popular athlete was on the court at the Wachovia Center last night and it wasn’t Allen Iverson. I said the same thing back in September, "In the blink of an eye Ryan Howard has cemented himself as
Philadelphia’s best athlete. Move over A.I. and McNabb, you’re in
Ryan’s town now. "
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return