Dec 18, 2004, 12:01 AM EDT
Has anything gone right for the Eagles lately? Not much chatter around the world of the Birds after a whooping last week in Big D. The first real noteworthy story since T.O. saying he doesn’t care about what the fans think is news of Jerome McDougle hitting a bigtime road block:
Just as the Eagles were anticipating the return of defensive end Jerome McDougle to the practice field came news of a serious setback to the young man: McDougle underwent surgery on Monday and will remain out of action indefinitely.
The Eagles Monday announced that McDougle underwent emergency surgery on Monday afternoon to correct an internal hernia due to adhesions and scar tissue from his previous surgery following his gunshot wound in July.
Does it scare anyone else that McDougle is getting surgery due to some sort of hernia, be it a "sports hernia" or a gunshot hernia. Isn’t this the same type of injury we are expecting Donovan to lead us to the promise land with?
To make matters even worse for the Eagles, they have the NFL’s most dominant player coming to town next weekend.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money