May 20, 2009, 9:45 AM EDT
As if their errors on the field weren't enough to spin the news cycle in New York, now even the Mets fans are getting in on it. Last Wednesday, during a game against the Braves, a woman was in the bathroom when she somehow dropped her gold tooth into the toilet. Coulda happened to anyone. So, not one to just be flushing away some mouth bling, she went in there and tried to retrieve it with her hand. She's got a gold tooth, ya know she's hardcore… And, as you might have surmised from the title, she became hopelessly stuck.
But they could not pry her loose on their own.
He rushed to the scene from his company's Jamaica headquarters 7.2 miles away, the sources said.
The anxious victim, meanwhile, could only wait as the toilet continued to flush over her arm.
At one point, she became more entertaining than the game — which the Mets lost 8-7 — as fans gathered outside the bathroom near Section 338 to see the off-field action.
So this obviously begs the question… What possession would you deem worthy of a little stadium-toilet-spelunking?
Hat tip to Rhea Hughes of WIP for the find.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return