Sep 18, 2006, 10:00 AM EST
Sometimes a change from green to red is a good thing. Red means go, remember?
The Phillies step up and sweep the Astros. I think it’s safe to say that this is not the same Phillies team from 2005. Ryan Howard went yard to take his total to 57. I can’t comment much further on the game because I didn’t watch a second of it due to the fact I was engrossed in the horrible collapse of the Eagles yesterday.
Let’s not forget Cole Hamels phenomenal outing on Saturday. He flirted with a no hitter into the 7th. Great to see Cole turning into an ace. The Inquirer has a funny story about how Cole promised Coste a new car if he caught a no hitter for him:
"I didn’t mention it during the game because I didn’t want to jinx it,
but apparently mental thoughts can jinx things, too," Coste said.
The Padres beat the Dodgers yesterday, thus moving into a first for the West. The Phillies are now a game behind the Dodgers for the wild card. This is getting confusing. While cheering for the Dodgers to win against the Padres on Sunday, on Monday you should cheer for the Dodgers to lose.
Here is a look at the remaining schedules:
Phillies: CHC 3, FLA 3, HOU 1, @ WSH 3, @ FLA 3
Padres: @LAD 1, ARI 3, PIT 3, @STL 3, @ARI 4
Dodgers: SD 1, PIT 3, ARI 3, @COL 3, @SF 3
I’d have to say the Phillies have the toughest road home with 6 against Florida in there. Let’s hope for a fun 2 weeks.
-This photo gallery says it all. [Inquirer]
-Jevon Kearse & Rod Hood are hurt. Eskin was reporting Kearse will be out anywhere from 6 weeks to the entire season. [Inquirer]
-My BC squad beat BYU in OT. Kickers should make kicks, damnit. [Fanhouse]
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return