Feb 9, 2006, 11:29 PM EDT
GQ asked pro athletes who are the 10 most hated among them and who do you think came in at number one? You guessed it, Terrell Owens.
1. Terrell Owens
Owens after beating the New York Giants, November 2004.
Behavior detrimental to the team
Bonus points for:
Contract-negotiating high jinks, telling Eagles coach Andy Reid to
“shut up,” telling offensive coordinator Brad Childress not to speak to
him unless spoken to, falsely outing 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia,
suggesting Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was responsible for their
2005 Super Bowl loss, suggesting the Eagles would win more if Brett
Favre was their quarterback, employing Drew Rosenhaus as an agent,
fighting with ex-teammate and team ombudsman Hugh Douglas, asking if
anyone else in the locker room “wants a piece of me”… Oh, fuck it.
Oh T.O., we will always love your ego maniacal ways and will miss your end zone celebrations dearly. Also cracking the top 5 were some athletes with Philly connections, Kobe Bryant and Curt Schilling. I used to be a Schilling fan, but after turning on the Red Sox and listening to too much of Shil’s media whoring, I can agree with him making the list. Kobe is Fredo to me after claiming no Philly connections back in 2001.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money