Sep 26, 2008, 5:16 PM EDT
As if the final weekend of the baseball’s regular season wasn’t crazy enough, Mother Nature decides to throw us a curve ball. The forecast is calling for pretty much the entire east coast to be wet. Baseball games need to be played so hat means the teams will try to have to play through the rain so bring your ponchos down to the ball park.
There’s been some negativity floating around the Phillies this past week. Sure, they’ve stumbled a bit approaching the finish line while the two chasing them are picking up some speed. But we’re still in first, we still control our own fate. They need to give that last kick and cross first.
Joe Blanton’s acquisition has been unremarkable. A win tonight and his mid-season addition will be totally validated. It’s amazing what a win on the final weekend can do for a guy’s confidence as well as fans feelings about them.
If they don’t get the job done, they don’t deserve a spot in the post season.
With three left, they face the familiar Nationals. The team they faced when Brett Myers threw his glove high into the South Philly sky last year after clinching on the final day of the season. I’m looking forward to seeing just how high Brad Lidge’s glove will reach.
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money