Feb 4, 2006, 12:05 AM EDT
The Naval Academy squad had a much tougher time than was expected in dealing with the footballers from West Point. It was a close game far into the second half. Navy broke things open with an interception return for a TD and that pretty much sealed the deal.
The game has an atmosphere unlike any other I’ve ever been in attendance for. The sea of Army cadets and Navy Midshipmen is a sight worth the price of admission. George W. Bush did not make an appearance as he did at the game a few years ago but Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was there for the coin flip.
The win topped off an impressive run for the Midshipmen seniors. They ended their football career by becoming the first class to ever sweep both Army and Air Force in four straight seasons. Impressive.
>>Four Year Sweep for Midshipmen [Courant]
Video of the Fighter Jet Flyby and Photo Albums after the jump
If this video doesn’t work, try the Google Video above.
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return