Feb 13, 2006, 12:01 AM EDT
Marc Stein answers the question many, myself included, have been wondering.
Iverson doesn’t possess the ultimate hammer. NBA front-office
sources confirmed Tuesday that his contract does not contain a no-trade
In fact, as far as I know, the Lakers’ Kobe Bryant is the only NBA player who has one.
So if Iverson did in fact squash a deal to Charlotte, it’s likely he used his bad reputation and scare tactics to keep the Bobcats away.
Sixers fans can’t sleep at night knowing Billy King and Ed Snider could decide the foreseeable future of basketball in Philadelphia. Does anyone have faith in Sixers management making a decent decision?
Cross the Kings off the list of potential destinations for The Answer. [NYTimes]
At least four Western Conference teams remain interested in Iverson,
according to several executives in the league: Denver, which expressed
interest in acquiring Iverson last season; Memphis; Minnesota; and the Los Angeles Clippers. In the East, Boston and Indiana are interested.
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Drew P on Flyers send down leading goal-…|
|KingOfNothing on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return