Jan 5, 2005, 3:36 PM EDT
Looks like Citizens Bank Park will get a makeover this offseason. The article claims that "Manufacturing and installation (of the new logos) will be done by April." At the rate the parking lot they promised by the start of the Eagles’ season is coming along, the new logos will be in the new park by 2027.
Those 43,000 cup-holders at the Phillies’ still-pristine Citizens Bank Park? It’s time to rip them out and replace them, along with some of the most prominent and permanent signs in the ballpark. Citizens Bank is updating its corporate logo. The green Pac-Man-like design made from three diamonds is now a part of baseball history. In its place will be a sort of snowflake, crafted out of four green arrows. The arrow motif is borrowed from the Royal Bank of Scotland, which, whether you knew it or not, owns Citizens Bank. The old logo appears everywhere at the ballpark: on cup-holders, entry gates, scoreboards, banners, the Liberty Bell display, and locational signs. It’s also on the business cards of Phillies officials, team stationery, and ballpark-access tags for employees.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money