Feb 6, 2009, 6:02 PM EDT
The ESPN.com poll of NHL players has gotten a ton of attention among the Flyers faithful today, and for good reason. When asked which team has the most disruptive fans, 24% of the 193 respondents said the Philadelphia Flyers.
You damn right.
I always love the player surveys in any sport. This isn't Forbes picking the top mascot. It's the guys who are down on the ice every night, reacting to the crowd, hearing the other team's players say things we'll never know about. But of course, sullying an otherwise great survey, they made a reference to how Flyers fans once booed Santa. No, that tired old story will never go away, and now it's jumped sports again. At least the fun didn't stop there.
When asked which player complained the most on the ice, guess who more than HALF of the league named?
That's right. Sidney Crosby. Don't look for his name on the list of the league's best leaders though. Honestly, even I was surprised the league's best scorers and most recognizable captains didn't get more than a single vote in that category. He'll have to settle for a tie for sixth best prime minster.
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money