Feb 6, 2009, 6:02 PM EST
The ESPN.com poll of NHL players has gotten a ton of attention among the Flyers faithful today, and for good reason. When asked which team has the most disruptive fans, 24% of the 193 respondents said the Philadelphia Flyers.
You damn right.
I always love the player surveys in any sport. This isn't Forbes picking the top mascot. It's the guys who are down on the ice every night, reacting to the crowd, hearing the other team's players say things we'll never know about. But of course, sullying an otherwise great survey, they made a reference to how Flyers fans once booed Santa. No, that tired old story will never go away, and now it's jumped sports again. At least the fun didn't stop there.
When asked which player complained the most on the ice, guess who more than HALF of the league named?
That's right. Sidney Crosby. Don't look for his name on the list of the league's best leaders though. Honestly, even I was surprised the league's best scorers and most recognizable captains didn't get more than a single vote in that category. He'll have to settle for a tie for sixth best prime minster.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return