Mar 30, 2009, 9:51 AM EST
We're always up for some goalie mask pr0n here at the Level, so we were happy to see Flyers backup backstop Antero Niittymaki rocking a new mask last night. It's a variation on the same theme his old mask carried, highlighting the nickname former coach Ken Hitchcock gave him. Nitty is an easy variation on his last name, of course, but it's also the name of a Sicilian-born mobster, Frank Nitti, whom Antero has painted on his old and new masks. His old one had Nitti holding machine gun, with bullet casings coming down the side and bulletholes around the chin area.
The latest iteration changes the background color from black to white, with a black-clad gangster, still holding the tommy gun. The "NITTY" lettering is more pronounced too.
Which Nitty/Nitti mask do you like better?
Back of the mask, after the jump.
Another change is that the back straps no longer cover the painted area of the back piece, leaving some room for art. Nitty's chosen to go with the crowned lion from the coat of arms of his native Finland.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return