Apr 22, 2005, 9:43 AM EDT
Jon Runyan has agreed to play for a little less money, something which could actually help both sides of the deal. He gets a little more money guaranteed and it all works out to a little less of a cap hit for the Eagles. It is nice to see a guy who has millions already not get too greedy.
Also for your viewing pleasure is a link to a video of the Finals of the 2005 Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader auditions. Just wait for the annoying guy at the start to go away.
Eagles iron man Jon Runyan, the ultimate team guy, quietly has agreed to a restructured contract with a modest reduction in pay.
At the end of this year, the last on a six-year pact, Runyan will have pocketed $4.9 million instead of the $5.5 million in base pay due from the original $30.5 million deal, according to reliable sources. The initial contract, struck in 2000, included $9.5 million in signing and roster bonuses.
The new deal includes a base of $2.7 million, a guarantee of $2 million and another $200,000 in play incentives, meaning the veteran right offensive tackle must add to his remarkable streak of 128 straight regular season starts, fifth-longest among active players.
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return