Sep 19, 2006, 12:51 AM EDT
It just so happened that I found myself with some great seats for Monday’s game against the Cubbies at Citizens Bank Park. When I walked into the suite I noticed the label on our neighboring suite read The Lieber Family. If you’ve sat in a suite at CBP you’d know that you have your little inside area with a bar setup and TV, etc. But in the outside seating portion you are basically sitting next to the suites to your right and left, much like any other seat in the park.
Perhaps one of the more awkward situations I’ve been in at a baseball game occurred when one of the young ladies I was with who had never been to a Phillies game said something to the effect of, "this guy is really sucking, huh?" This after Lieber gave up a 3 run homer in the first inning. Being roughly 4-6 seats away, the look on many of the Lieber clan’s faces was rather unpleasant.
Anyway, the Phillies performance as a whole was pretty similar.
The one positive from the evening was the atmosphere at the park for portions of the game. The Phillies gave all fans a towel with the Phillies ‘P’ on it. When Jose Hernandez came to pinch hit with the bases loaded, the vibe in the crowd was electric. The entire park was waving their towels in anticipation and excitement even though the Phillies were down by 6 runs. Hernandez hit a grand slam and the crowd ate it up.
I can’t imagine what this place would feel like in a real playoff atmosphere. It’d be awesome.
A video of Ryan Howard NOT hitting his 58th HR and a picture after the jump.
This video is a waste of your time. It looked good before I uploaded it to YouTube, I swear.
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|ochospantalones on Tonight: Hollywood Hamels|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money