Apr 9, 2008, 10:23 AM EDT
Yesterday’s win over the Mets was quite an enjoyable way to kick of the final season at Shea Stadium. Not only did the Phillies come away with their 9th straight win over New York but the entire stadium got Rick Rolled. Amazing.
Philadelphia’s Michael Nutter was in attendance at the game with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Nutter tried to talk some baseball which didn’t exactly go real smoothly. But what I want to know is, did Nutter really drink a "glass of water" while NYC’s mayor enjoyed a cold adult beverage? What gives Nutter? No love for the glorious hot dog and beer combo?
Our only explanation is that Nutter wanted to go back to work later in the day to continue his quest to make Philadelphia a safer, more enjoyable place to live. Bloomberg probably needed a few more beers to drink his Mets sorrows away.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money