Apr 19, 2007, 10:16 PM EDT
Should Manuel stay or should he go? I’m not ready to make a judgment.
Manuel has received a vote of confidence from General Manager Pat
Gillick, but in Philadelphia, a vote of confidence is not always
different from a last cigarette.
Yet it is not Gillick’s habit
to fire managers in midseason. The players have to accept
responsibility, he said Thursday, especially for becoming impatient at
the plate with runners in scoring position. Far too many have been left
stranded like castaways on “Gilligan’s Island.”
“He can’t go up there and hit for them,” Gillick said of Manuel.
The article is worth clicking on to see the sexy shot of Charlie Manuel and Davey Lopes.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return