Feb 23, 2006, 5:54 AM EDT
I don’t understand the ESPN fascination with Barry Bonds. ESPN has assigned him his very own analyst to watch and report on every single detail of what Barry Bonds is doing. Pedro’s most recent report on Barry went something like this:
Barry Bonds arrived at camp here at Scottsdale Stadium at approximately 7:52 am this morning with an entourage consisting of 7 members. He later stretched for four minutes and did a slow jog in the outfield grass for 6.5 minutes. The grass appeared to be green and fluffy. Bonds spent approximately 17 minutes in the batting cage, taking pitches from Giants starters Jason Schmidt and Noah Lowry. On the final pitch thrown by Schmidt, Bonds hit a line drive laser beam that cleared the fences with ease. Felipe Alou was quoted later in the day as saying, "Barry Bonds may not be able to field for shit, but when it comes to batting everyone looks up to him."
I don’t think I could have slept tonight until I found out what time Barry reported to camp. My idea is for ESPN to reassign Mr. Gomez to report on someone interesting: Terrell Owens, Allen Iverson, Kyle Orton, Ugueth Urbina, Ben Roetheslberger, Matt Leinert, Jessica Simpson, or even Johnny Weir.
Pedro on Uggie:
Uggie Urbina, along with an entourage of unnamed men, arrived at 10:33 pm to his villa in Caracas to find a housekeeper along with 3 of his cousins, Victor, Bobby, and Kang inside of his home. Upon learning that a his hand gun was missing, Uggie proceeded to rush to his pool house where he obtained a canister of gasoline, it is unclear of the lead content of the gasoline, but is commonly believed he used 87 octane.
Pedro on Johnny Weir:
This morning, Johnny spent roughly 2 hours and 33 minutes at the Spa de Dorso Rotto Montagna where I have determined Johnny had skin therapy which included a facial treatment only performed by the Italians in Torino. After spending the morning at the Spa, Johnny continued his day of leisure by hitting up all the couture shops. He purchased a black Roberto Cavalli beaver and python coat, a 3,000$ pair of shoes by Helmet Lang, and a mochachino at a nearby Gellateria. Johnny explained to me that, "I get mochachinos because that’s what X-tina drinks and I’m a princess just like her!"
Who do you think Pedro Gomez should cover? And how do you think his report would go?
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money