Jul 1, 2005, 12:59 PM EDT
This post is brought to you straight from New York where the Phillies lost another series to the hated Mets. I got free tickets to yesterday’s game from Kang and enjoyed a nice day of baseball at Shea. I took some great pictures from the game which you can view here; they really came out well.
Jon Lieber continued to struggle and gave the Mets a lead which Pedro Martinez and the often shaky bullpen of New York didn’t give up.
I took a short video of Todd Pratt getting kicked out of the game. I had never seen a catcher get kicked out in person before and found it rather funny. Download ToddPratt05.MPG
I think the Phillies faithful are starting to give up on the prospect of making a run at the playoffs. Sure there is half a season to be played, but the Phillies really haven’t shown anything that would give you any reason to expect a much better second half. Their starting pitching has been atrocious lately and they can’t come up with hits in big situations.
The Braves come to Philly for some fireworks tonight. Posts over the holiday weekend may be few and far between with my whereabouts on the Eastern seaboard being uncertain.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money