May 18, 2006, 12:51 AM EDT
I ended up making it to the game last night in Milwaukee. Miller Park was a very nice place to watch a baseball game. It’s unfortunate the outcome of the game didn’t turn out better. Some observations:
- It’s pretty crazy listening to Bob Uecker actually call a real baseball game, something I’ve never really heard before.
- In Milwaukee they add on some strange lyrics to the end of Take Me Out to the Ballgame which have to do with rolling barrels. I’m assuming this has something to do with Beer Barrel Man. Regardless, I wasn’t a fan.
- The Phillies lost, but the Italian Sausage won.
- I was impressed with Brewer fans. I wasn’t really impressed with Bernie Brewer though. I think he has a great look, but doesn’t really do a whole lot.
- I thought they let Gavin Floyd pitch too long after he got himself into some trouble. He looked flustered on the mound and even Sal couldn’t calm him down.
- The Phils need Cole Hamels to get them back on track, being swept is not what they need right now.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money